Friday, July 11, 2008

So I Think They Can't Dance As Good As Season 3

Okay, I'm a huge fan of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, but ugh, season 4 SUCKS MAJOR BALLS! There hasn't been any performances so far that have stuck out to me or that have made me go, "whoa." I find myself waiting for something cool to happen and then before I know it, the routine is done and I'm like, "oh, okay . . ."
There aren't really any cuties either, no one I'm really rooting for. And the judges are trippin too! They swear this season is better than the last one. Season 3 remains my favorite season. There were so many HOT and talented dancers last season like Kameron and Danny :-) Let me just show you some examples of how much better Season 3 was compared to Season4:

I think this is my favorite routine ever on the show, it's a samba by Danny and Lacey of Season 3, this is just mad sexy:


Okay here's Season 4's samba by Katee and Joshua, the judges creamed over this, but I thought it was wack, it looked so forced and Katee cannot shake it the way Lacey did:


Okay, Mary said that this was one of the most amazing pieces she's ever seen on the show. This is a contemporary routine by Will and Jessica of Season 4. The judges were all over this routine, but I thought it was choppy, messy, and the ending was kinda awkward, like "oh it's done?"


Did the judges forget about this routine?? Once I saw this, I couldn't get it out of my head. Hok and Jaime of Season 3 did such an amazing job, I was mesmerized:


So yea, I think Season 4 sucks, but I'm going to continue to watch and hopefully it'll be more entertaining and I'll be wowed ;-)

1 comment:

What Chu Know Bout Me?? said...

I have to totally agree with you on this one, Papa.

I have lost complete interest in the show this season.

I think that they dance routines are a little pretentious. The instructors are trying to make it seem like they are bringing something different, but nothing really seems to be as sensational as last season.

Perhaps there is a bias because there aren't any cuties (Cept for Joshua...I would let him fart in my mouth and take it like a bong hit!! HAVE YOU SEEN HIS ASS???!?!)but I don't really see anything spectacular about these people chosen.

Or maybe, what I see is...they aren't good in anything but their own genre. The hip hoppers excel in hip hop, contemporary are masters at contemporary...they aren't great dancers in anything than what they were trained in.

I haven't been moved or touched by any of the performances...(except maybe PCD doing OUR routine..LOL) but I guess we'll see if they can give us a reason to come back for season 5....

American Idol sure as hell hasn't...