Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Face Unknown

This is a "poem" I had first "published" in my myspace blog. It's kinda old, so if you think it's kinda lame, that's okay, fuck you is all. Just kidding!

A Face Unknown

Who are you?
When are we going to cross paths?
I feel I know you, but your face is unclear.
There's a longing for you that's deep, though you're a stranger.
It's the physical that's foreign, the rest I've been aware of.
For someone I've never met, you've caused me such grief.
As someone who loves you, it's euphoria you've given me.
You stand behind the strangers at my face, away from view.
I'm under a spotlight, although perhaps in an empty room.
You've consumed me, but at my fault.
You will appear.
When the strangers leave.
When the spotlight has been turned off.
When I have vacated the room.
When I have forgotten your existence in my being.
We will consume eachother.
I will reappear.
When I know you.
When we cross paths.
When your face is clear.
When the longing for you is over.
When you are a stranger no more.

No comments: