Sunday, June 29, 2008

So Where Was I . . .



So like, okay, as I was saying, I finally got the balls to leave my wack-ass, no future job at Countrywide. Fortunately, I got accepted to Cal State Long Beach, so I packed on up out of my parent's house and moved here to LB. Spring semester was my first semester back to school after 5 f-ing years. I was so excited to go back to school, but I was also really nervous. I didn't want to come back and get mediocre or bad grades. I wanted to do GOOD and I knew I was going to have to work mad hard to do that. That's exactly what I had to do. Seriously, there's no possible way I could have worked AND go to school full time. I made my schedule so that I only had classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. On my days off though, I HAD to do my homework. If I had a job, there'd be no way I could focus on doing schoolwork. Taking 4 classes is definitely not the same as just taking one class. Anyways, I don't need to get into every detail of my first semester so let me fast forward to the end of the semester . . . . So my hard work and stress paid off for me. I ended my first semester with a 3.8 GPA. I literally jumped up and down when I saw my final grades hahaha. That one moment was more fulfilling to me than anything during my 5 years at Countrywide. And this is gonna sound really lame I know, but I felt super sexy too lol. I'm still adjusting to not working and being poor, but I'm so glad I decided to return to school. I now feel like I have an ambition and that all the sacrifices I've had to make will be worth it in the end. Let me just tell you, I CANNOT WAIT to get my Communication Studies Degree!

No comments: